Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What Supplements Are Important?


In addition to eating well and using the right products for your skin, it's extremely important to take targeted nutritional supplements. My current daily supplement regimen includes vitamin C, Omega-3 fatty acid, selenium and vitamin E...but I know I could be doing more.

Since I'm a HUGE fan of Nicholas Perricone M.D. (and since he's a HUGE proponent of taking nutritional supplements for skin health), I looked to his site for recommendations. As expected, Dr. Perricone has developed a supplement recommendation guide based on health and skin-specific concerns.

While the supplement recommendations on this chart are Dr. Perricone's branded supplements, it will at least give you an idea of what types of supplements you should incorporate into your daily routine. If you're looking for less expensive options, check out the ingredients in Dr. Perricone's supplements and go to www.iherb.com (my personal favorite site for buying supplements and herbs) to purchase.



No comments: